Wednesday 11 May 2016

GUEST LECTURE / Studio DBD



This guest lecture was very exciting. Manchester based independent graphic designer Dave Sedgwick who was talking about his experience from the University times and now. His works are very unique and fresh.  He told us that when he was in the university tutors gave him very good feedback but when he went in to industry everything changed ( this sentence just had stuck in my head ) . That is why designers need to be as creative as they can and always improve. 




This project is called The Cannonball. He was asked by Barcelona design studio Lo Siento to work with them on a branding project for The Cannonball - a television, film and production company. This design I found very interesting, because they used actual cannonballs and grid to make amazing posters and other things as stationary, business cards and etc. Talking about Dave I like him, because he does not afraid to be very very different and he does not afraid to fail. That is how a real designer should look like. Over all,  I really enjoyed this guest lecture and I think his experience and his recommendations will help me in the future.   



No comments:

Post a Comment